Last Updated: April 18, 2020
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
You can reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dollar Chronicles | 800 3 St SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0E7
The Important Stuff: We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us you wish this to happen.
More Important Stuff: If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect, incomplete or wish for it to be deleted, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect or remove any information you request to be deleted.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, take part in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Employer information
- Preference or interest data
- Any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also get information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, under the authorisation procedures determined by such social media site; we may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by the blog and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalise and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with tailored articles/products; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which we collected the information.
We are based in Canada and the information we collect is governed by Canadian law. By accessing or using the blog or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to Canada and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- When you take part in the interactive areas of our Services, we may display certain information you provide to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is under, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of the blog assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Dollar Chronicles is an affiliate of some online tools, services, and products. Links on the Blog may be affiliate links and Dollar Chronicles may earn commissions for purchases that are made by visitors to the Blog.
Dollar Chronicles takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your online account by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that some information you provide may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the Blog) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate purposes. We may also keep cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period.
We set most web browsers to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you realize any unauthorized submission of information to Dollar Chronicles, including children’s information, please inform us by contacting us at the contact information listed below so we may delete it.